09 May 2011

Hessarghatta Loop


Did a quick loop of about 40k this morning. Wanted to go all the way to Hessarghatta lake and then return, but I wanted to get back  in time for mess, and in any case I had no motivation to go see the dirty lake anyway. I rode out towards Hessarghatta via BEL circle on Outer Ring road and Gangamma circle, then a small detour to get onto the Pipeline road which is a dead straight stretch all the way to Hessarghatta main road. The initial pat of this road runs through Air Force land, which is lush green on either side. For a long stretch thereafter there is suburban development - mostly residential, which finally gives way to agricultural land on either side. The last stretch of the road is not metaled - this is the stretch just before the intersection with Hessarghatta main road. I am sure that I took a slightly different route than I have indicated on the map; but since I had no GPS I have no way of knowing for sure. I was a bit wary of stray dogs along this road, and no doubt they of me; but i managed to pass without incident.
I'd ridden non-stop this far and I had not brought anything with me - no food or water - and hardly any cash. I suppose the only place to get decent breakfast around here is Hessarghatta village a few km further on; or somewhere near IIHR. I was not interested in either of these options- I'd rather return to IISc Mess. So I continued down past IIHR and through Jalahalli Air Force Station, and back to IISc in time for breakfast at mess...

Stats:
Total Distance (Est)  : 40km
Total Time: (Est)       : 1h 40m
Avg Speed               : 24kmh

in
View Hessarghatta 40K Loop in a larger map

No comments: